Explore the Top Philadelphia Events Nearby During Your Stay in Society Hill
When it comes to exciting local events, our city has it all! Host to popular festivals, parades, relays, exhibitions and more throughout the year, Philadelphia offers a variety of events near our property that are ideal for many group sizes and age ranges. Check out the lineup of top 2014 events near the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, including:
- Delaware River Waterfront Events at Delaware River Waterfront (0.7 mi.) – From April 5 through August 23, 2014, explore the many events, concerts, theatrical performances, tours and more happening at this Philadelphia hotspot.
- Philly Seaport Events at Independence Seaport Museum (0.2 mi.) – Ring in the spring season with three exciting events at the Independence Seaport Museum: Philadelphia Science Festival (April 25 – May 3, 2014), Game Day Onboard Olympia (May 3, 2014) and Walnut2Walnut (May 31, 2014). These community-wide celebrations offer fitness events, self-guided tours, hands-on activities, special exhibitions and more.
- 35th Annual Blue Cross Broad Street Run at Broad Street and W. Fisher Avenue (6.4 mi.) – Held on May 4, 2014, this yearly event will benefit the American Cancer Society and feature a 10-mile course, children’s activities, musical entertainment, refreshments and more.
- 26th Annual Pride Weekend throughout Philadelphia, including Penn's Landing (0.3 mi.) – Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill is a proud sponsor of this year's Philadelphia Gay Pride weekend. From June 6–8, 2014, you can sing your heart out during a live performance by the Village People, enjoy great company at the Kick-Off Block Party and Dyke March, and have an absolute blast during the Philly Pride Parade and Festival!
- Penn’s Landing Events at Penn’s Landing (0.4 mi.) – Share warm memories with friends and family by participating in unforgettable events held throughout the summer months at Delaware River Waterfront, including Screenings Under the Stars, PECO Multicultural Series, Summer Concert Series and more.
- Xponential Music Festival (WXPN) at Wiggins Park and the Susquehanna Bank Center on the Camden waterfront (3.8 mi.) – Dance and sing along as WXPN, the public radio station of the University of Pennsylvania, holds a festival of musical legends and new performers July 25 – 27, 2014.
- Live Arts Fringe at various locations throughout Philadelphia – September 5 – 21, 2014, enjoy an eighteen-day artistic festival of original performances and creative street theater throughout the city.
- Filmadelphia at various venues in Philadelphia – Participate in this incredible festival, which showcases the best in independent and foreign cinema at several theaters and venues throughout Philadelphia, October 16 – 26, 2014.
- Philly Marathon throughout Philadelphia – Stay fit with this 10th annual marathon this November 21 through 23, 2014, as you sprint through the city’s historic downtown area, past the Philadelphia Museum of Art and along Boathouse Row. The weekend also includes an 8K race, a half-marathon, a Kids Fun Run and a Health & Fitness Expo.
- National Constitution Center Events at the National Constitution Center (0.7 mi.) – Take part in one of the fascinating and educating events held at this Philadelphia attraction, including open houses, book discussions, competitions, performances and more on a variety of topics.
- Walnut Street Theatre at Walnut Street Theater (0.7 mi.) – Enrich your creative side with a unique cultural experience by seeing a live performance nearly any time throughout the entire year at Wall Street Theater (America’s oldest theater)! This venue offers mainstage and studio performances, theatre for kids, and other ongoing events.
In addition to comfortable accommodations, modern on-site amenities and an ideal location near Philadelphia’s top attractions, our spacious Society Hill hotel offers a great place to stay for the best local events of any season!
Make reservations online for your upcoming stay, or call 888-627-7078 (local: 215-238-6000) today for more information.