In 1682, William Penn founded Pennsylvania and, as a commemoration to him, an area along the Delaware River Waterfront was named Penn’s Landing. Just a short stroll from the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, this center city district is an active and exciting area full of attractions and events year round.
Here are some of the attractions and events you can expect when visiting Penn’s Landing:
- Spruce Street Harbor Park – This “pop-up” park offers outdoor seating, artisan beer, upscale grab-and-go food, a hammock garden, boardwalk, urban beach and more throughout the summer months.
- Screenings Under the Stars – Pull up your lounge chair or blanket and enjoy the outdoor screening of your favorite movies, every Thursday night in July and August.
- PECO Multicultural Summer Festival Series – Enjoy this succession of outdoor cultural festivals all summer.
- 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza – No one celebrates our nation’s birthday as extravagantly as the country’s birthplace. Enjoy this incredible fireworks display over the Delaware River Waterfront.
- Blue Cross River Rink – Winter is the time for ice-skating and there’s no better place to go in Philly than this Olympic-size ice rink, featuring a heated pavilion with snack bar and game room.
- Waterfront Winterfest – A “pop-up” holiday winter park with waterfront village, gardens, light and video shows and plenty of shopping.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks – Ring in the New Year with this spectacular fireworks display over the Delaware River Waterfront.
In addition, visitors to Philadelphia can enjoy ongoing attractions such as the all-new Festival Pier, Independence Seaport Museum and the Riverlink Ferry tours.
Delight In Comfortable Accommodations After a Busy Day at Penn’s Landing
After a full day of fun, come back to comfortable accommodations with thoughtful in-room amenities, including:
- Sheraton Signature Beds
- 32” flat-screen HDTVs
- Oversized work areas
- Starbucks® one-cup coffee makers
- Shine by Bliss® bath products
- And more!
Enjoy Penn’s Landing and all the other exciting places in Philadelphia by reserving your room online or calling (215) 238-6000 today.