There is no shortage of exciting events for visitors of all ages here in Philadelphia. Our city has it all - from popular festivals and parades to relays, exhibitions, and more throughout the year. Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel has put together some of our favorite upcoming events below. Browse our list below and plan an unforgettable visit!
- Annual Pride Weekend throughout Philadelphia, including Penn's Landing (0.3 mi.)
- Penn’s Landing Events at Penn’s Landing (0.4 mi.) – Creating lasting memories with friends and family by experiencing some of the events held throughout the summer months at Delaware River Waterfront, including Screenings Under the Stars, PECO Multicultural Series, Summer Concert Series, and more.
- Fringe Festival at various locations throughout Philadelphia – September 7 – 23, 2017, enjoy an eighteen-day artistic festival of original performances and creative street theater throughout the city.
- Philadelphia Marathon – This annual marathon takes you through the city’s historic downtown area, past the Philadelphia Museum of Art and along Boathouse Row. Weekend events also include an 8K race, a half-marathon, a Kids Fun Run, and a Health & Fitness Expo.
- Blue Cross RiverRink (0.2 mi.) – Twirl around at Philadelphia’s only outdoor, Olympic-size public ice rink, by participating in skating lessons, parties, special events and more!
- The Rothman Ice Rink at Dilworth Park (1.5 mi.) – Enjoy three months of incredible ice skating at Dilworth Park on the west side of Philadelphia's City Hall, perfect for families and groups of all ages.
- The Mummers Parade (3.1 mi.) – Celebrate the new year with this traditional event, which dates back to 1901 and features a colorful parade starting at City Hall and ending at Washington Avenue.
- Delaware River Waterfront Events at Delaware River Waterfront (0.7 mi.) – Explore the many events, concerts, theatrical performances, tours and more happening at this Philadelphia hotspot.
- Museum of the American Revolution Grand Opening - On April 19, 2017, Philadelphia's Historic District welcomed The Museum of the American Revolution. This remarkable museum features original artifacts and documents through captivating exhibitions - a can't-miss attraction for history lovers!
- National Constitution Center Events at the National Constitution Center (0.7 mi.) – Take part in one of the fascinating and educational events held at this Philadelphia attraction, including open houses, book discussions, competitions, performances and more on a variety of topics.
- Walnut Street Theatre at Walnut Street Theater (0.7 mi.) – Enrich your creative side with a unique cultural experience by seeing a live performance nearly any time throughout the entire year at Wall Street Theater (America’s oldest theater)! This venue offers mainstage and studio performances, theatre for kids, and other ongoing events.
- Bartram's Trail - This 1.1-mile, multi-use path extends along the western bank of the Schuylkill River and through the grounds of Bartram’s Garden. It offers stunning skyline views and recreational opportunities.
In addition to comfortable accommodations, modern on-site amenities and an ideal location near Philadelphia’s top attractions, our spacious Society Hill hotel offers a great place to stay for the best upcoming events of any season!
Make reservations online for your upcoming stay, or call 888-627-7078 (local: 215-238-6000) today for more information.